Greek Taverna Sandwiches with Garlic Feta Cheese Tzatziki
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves NULL
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
dried oregano leaves, crushed
4 Greek-style or regular pita bread rounds
Garlic Canadian Feta cheese Tzatziki
Chopped tomato and red onion
1. Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) pieces and thread onto 4 metal skewers. Brush chicken with oil and sprinkle with oregano. Barbecue over medium-high heat until cooked through.
2. Warm pitas on the barbecue. Place chicken in centre of warm pitas lined with leaf lettuce; remove skewers.
3. Spoon some of the Garlic Feta Tzatziki over chicken and sprinkle with chopped tomato and red onion. Fold pitas over chicken and serve with remaining Garlic Canadian Feta cheese Tzatziki.
4. For the Garlic Canadian Feta cheese Tzatziki: Combine 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled Canadian Feta cheese, 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt, 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded and squeezed dry English cucumber, 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped parsley, 2 minced cloves of garlic and 1/2 tsp (3 mL) sugar; mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Tips: Or use boneless pork, beef or turkey breast and serve on crusty rolls.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site