Green Bean Salad with Nicoise Vinaigrette
- prep time 1 min
- total time 12 min
- serves 6
1 lb. new red potato, unpeeled
1 lb. green beans, trimmed
1 ½ lb. fresh tuna, fillet, sliced 1/4-inch thick, (or 3 cans white tuna packed in water)
5 plum tomato, cut into sixths
½ small red onion, sliced
hard-cooked egg, quarteredNicoise Vinaigrette
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp anchovy paste
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ cup extra virgin olive oilAssembly
1. In pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes or just until tender.
2. Remove with slotted spoon; let cool slightly. Quarter and set aside.
3. In same pot, cook green beans for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender crisp.
4. Drain; refresh under cold running water.
5. On greased grill, cook tuna for 3-4 minutes, turning once and basting with reserved dressing.
6. Remove from grill and tent with foil to keep warm.Nicoise Vinaigrette
1. In bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, anchovy paste, salt and pepper.
2. Gradually whisk in oil.
3. Set 2 tablespoons (25 mL) aside.Assembly
1. On big serving platter arrange mounds of potatoes, green beans, quarters of tomatoes, eggs, red onion and olives.
2. Fan tuna in centre of plate.
3. Drizzle remaining dressing over top.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site