Green Chile Enchiladas
- prep time 20 min
- total time 45 min
- serves NULL
Delicious and light chile enchiladas - only 456 calories per serving.
2 roasted poblano peppers, peeled
1 bunch of cilantro leaves, washed, stems discarded
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 clove garlic
¾ cup chicken broth
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 cup of leftover roast chicken, shredded
12 corn tortillas
¾ cup reduced-fat shredded cheese, such as Mexican-style, Monterey Jack or Cheddar
1 cup canned nonfat refried beans
2 scallions, thinly sliced
for garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
2. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray or one teaspoon olive oil.
3. In a food processor or a blender, puree the peeled, roasted peppers, cilantro, garlic, lime zest and juice, chicken stock, salt and pepper until smooth.
4. Spread 1/3 cup of the sauce in the prepared baking dish. Top with an overlapping layer of 6 tortillas. Spread refried beans evenly over the tortillas. Top the beans with the shredded chicken mixture, and add 1/3 of the sauce, followed by the remaining 6 tortillas. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas. Cover with foil.
5. Bake the enchiladas until they begin to bubble on the sides, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil; sprinkle cheese and scallions on top. Continue baking until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.