Green Eggs and Ham
- prep time 0 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 12
12 tart shells – frozen or homemade
4 free-run eggs
sea salt and black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp milk or cream
about 100g of thinly sliced ham, Irish bacon, regular bacon or proscuitto
a few drops of green food colouring
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place frozen tart shells on cookie sheet or homemade pastry into muffin tins and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper, food colouring and milk until completely blended and a shade of green the kids will get a kick out of.
4. When adding the ham or bacon you have a choice: either line the tart shell with the meat or chop and add a pinch of it to the bottom of the tart shell. (pictured is a lined version.) Either way, portion the ham or bacon between the tart shells, then, using a ladle or jug, portion the egg mixture between the tart shells and finally top with a pinch of cheese. Try to leave some of the green egg mixture showing!
5. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the egg feels a bit spongy to the touch and the cheese is melted.
6. Serve for breakfast, brunch or a snack.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site