Green Iced Tea
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
4 tablespoons green tea leaves
6 cups cold waterLemon Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
peel of 1 lemonGarnish
1 lemon, sliced in to rounds
4 sprigs of mintTo assemble
1. Place green tea leaves in a strainer and rinse under cold water.
2. Place green tea leaves in a pitcher.
3. Pour cold water over green tea leaves.
4. Place in refrigerator and allow to steep for 24 hours.
5. Strain green tea in a pitcher and place in refrigerator.Lemon Simple Syrup
1. Place sugar and water in a small pot.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and place lemon peel in pot.
4. Allow lemon peel to infuse simple syrup for 15 minutes.
5. Place Lemon Simple Syrup in refrigerator to cool.Garnish To assemble
1. Pour Lemon Simple Syrup into pitcher with green tea.
2. Divide Green Iced tea between four chilled glasses.
3. Garnish with lemon peel and mint sprigs.