Grilled Almond Butter & Banana Sandwiches
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
12 thick slices of white Sourdough bread approximately ¾ inch thickness
1 cup natural almond butter
6 fresh ripe, firm bananas
½ cup melted butter for brushing
2 Tbsp liquid honeyEgg Mixture
5 large eggs
1 ½ cup half and half cream
1 tsp pure vanilla
Pinch of saltTo Assemble
1. Slice the bananas in half lengthways.
2. Spread almond butter on one side of each slice of bread and build 6 sandwiches with 2 slices of banana between the slices of buttered bread.
3. In a medium bowl whisk the eggs together. Add the half and half, vanilla with a pinch of salt to the eggs and mix well.
4. Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture making sure it soaks up threw the bread. Gently squeeze out any excess and place them on a clean baking tray.
5. Add 2 tablespoon of honey to the melted butter and stir it in well.
6. Preheat barbeque to medium heat (350°F) (175°C).
7. Oil grill to help prevent sticking.
8. Place the dipped sandwiches directly on the grill.
9. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until they are golden and crispy.
10. Remove the sandwiches from grill and brush with the honey butter.
11. Cut in half and serve with cold milk.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site