Grilled Asparagus with Parsley Pesto
- prep time 1 min
- total time 3 min
- serves 4
1 large bunch of flat leaf parsley
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup sliced almonds
½ cup olive oil
1 bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends removed
Salt and pepper
1. Puree the parsley, cheese, almonds and oil in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt.
2. Add a splash or two more of oil if needed to help the mixture puree.
3. Store pesto in a small jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
4. Preheat a grill to high. Toss the asparagus spears with a splash of olive oil and salt and pepper.
5. Place on the hot grill, turning them as they begin to cook. They're done when they're slightly charred and tender.
6. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with parsley pesto.