Grilled Chicken Breast on Focaccia with Apples and Cambozola Cheese
- serves 0
The perfect sandwich for a hot summer day. From meat to cheese to fruit, this one's got it all!
6 Chicken breasts skinless, boneless approximately 8 oz each (226g)
6 slices cambozola cheese cut into ¼ inch slices
2 granny smith apples peeled, cored and cut into ¼ inch slices
Juice of one lemon
2 Tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cup arugula leaves, washed and dried
1 square of foccocia bread or 6 of your favourite buns
2 Tbsp pesto basil
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
1. Drizzle chicken with oil and season with fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. Peel and core the apples (or pears). Slice into ¼ inch thick segments and drizzle with lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. The lemon juice will stop the apples from oxidizing and turning brown as well as add a bit of zing.
4. Spread the pesto on the foccocia bread or buns.
5. Preheat the barbeque to 375°F/190°C (medium high heat).
6. Oil the grill to help prevent sticking.
7. Place the chicken on the barbecue and grill for 5-6 minutes or until nice and caramelized. Flip the chicken and place a piece of cheese on the cooked side of the meat. Continue to cook for 5 minutes until the under side is cooked and cheese is melted.
8. Remove the meat from the grill and loosely tent with foil to allow the meat to rest.
9. Place the apples on the grill and the pesto covered bread on the upper warming rack. Cook the fruit for 1 minute per side or until grill marks are achieved.
10. Remove the fruit and the bread from the grill.
11. Place the chicken on the warmed bread, top with apples, onion slices and arugula.
12. Serve and enjoy.