Grilled Chicken, Cabbage and Corn Stuffed Tortilla Wraps
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 10
4 bunches basil leaves, washed and dried
½ cup grated Parmigianno (125 ml)
½ cup garlic cloves (125 ml)
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil (175 ml)
Juice of one lemon
Salt, to tasteWraps
1 grilled boneless half chicken
1 clove garlic minced (about 1 tsp/5 ml)), for chicken
Pureed Serrano pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns (5 ml)
handful chopped fresh mixed herbs such thyme, sage, rosemary and/or marjoram
Oil, for grilling the chicken
1 cup fine julienne of red and white cabbage, carrot and sweet onions (250 ml)
1 cup fresh corn kernels, blanched or roasted (250 ml)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (15 ml)
1 tablespoon honey (15 ml)
½ tablespoon sesame oil (2 ml)
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt, to taste
10 whole wheat tortillas, at least 6-inches in diameter
1. In a food processor or blender, roughly chop the basil, cheese and garlic (don't let the mixture get warm from the friction of the blades). With the processor on, slowly add the olive oil and then the lemon juice. When mixture appears to be almost smooth, turn off the processor. Season to taste.Wraps
1. Marinate chicken with minced garlic, pureed Serrano pepper, crushed black peppercorns and chopped thyme, sage, rosemary and marjoram. (Note you can use all the herbs, just 1 or a combination of.)
2. Preheat grill to high.
3. Add chicken to grill. Reduce heat to medium. Cook chicken until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Let chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut chicken into thin strips.
4. In a large bowl, combine the julienned cabbage, carrots and sweet onions, corn, toasted sesamed seeds, honey, sesame oil, juice of lemon. Season with salt to taste.
5. Smear a little pesto on each of the tortillas. Divide chicken mixture equally among the tortillas. Roll up bottom third of tortilla. Fold in both ends and continue to roll the remainder into a tube or large spring roll shape.
6. Mark and warm on a medium heat grill or toast under a broiler and allow to rest for 1 minute in a warm (250° F) oven.
7. Serve cut diagonally in half with any leftover pesto for dipping.