Grilled Duck Breast with Black Currant Jelly and Herbs De Provence Marinade
- prep time1 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 6
Succulent grilled duck gets a blend of savoury and sweet with this delightful marinade.
2 1 lb(s) Muscovy duck, breasts, or other variety of duckMarinade
2 Tbsp soy sauce
Tbsp mixed dried herbs
1 Tbsp herbs, de Provence
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp black jelly, current
1 lime, grated, zest, and, juice of
freshly cracked black pepper
1. Add duck breasts to pan and distribute the marinade evenly over all sides of duck. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
2. Preheat grill to high. Cutting only through the skin and fat, score the duck breasts with five diagonal lines.
3. Grill duck, skin side down, for 1 to 2 minutes just to caramelize skin side.
4. Use a water sprayer to reduce flare up from the duck fat. Duck will colour very quickly.
5. Remove promptly from grill and transfer duck, skin side down to a small roasting pan.
6. Place on upper rack of BBQ. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until breast is still very rare.
7. Drain off duck fat and turn breasts over. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes until duck breast is medium rare.
8. Cover with foil and let rest for five minutes before slicing. Reserve pan drippings as sauce.Marinade
1. Combine ingredients for marinade in a medium shallow pan until blended.
2. See the duck for further cooking instructions.