Grilled Garlicy Artichokes
- serves 0
YIELD: 8 Artichokes
8 whole artichokes
½ cup butter
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
2 lemons juiced
Salt and pepper
Optional garnish: shaved Parmesan
1. Preheat barbeque to medium heat 350°F (175°C).
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan, and add the garlic.
3. Using scissors cut off the stem and spiky tips from the artichokes and discard.
4. Using a spoon or melon baler, scoop out the hair and purple leaves of the chokes at the centre of the artichokes.
5. Immediately drizzle the artichokes with lemon juice to prevent oxidization.
6. Place the cleaned artichokes on a sheet of foil and now drizzle with the garlic butter. Reserve some of the butter for a dipping sauce.
7. Wrap each artichoke in foil. Using a fork, poke all over so steam can escape.
8. Place artichokes on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until the leaves pull away easily from the heart (about 25-30 minutes).
9. Remove from grill.
10. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with reserved garlic butter.
11. To eat, dip the leaves in the butter and work away to the yummy heart.