Grilled Lamb Meatball Sandwich
- serves 2
Homemade meatballs, featuring lean ground lamb, onion, herbs and feta cheese, wrapped in a round of pizza dough and served warm.
½ lb(s) lean ground lamb
¼ cup white onions, finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
3 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper to tasteSandwich
2 rounds of pizza dough, rolled out to 1/2-inch thick x 6-inch diameter
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
sprinkles dry Greek oreganoSandwich Filling
½ green pepper, cut julienne
½ red pepper, cut julienne
½ yellow pepper, cut julienne
2 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
4 Tbsp tzatziki sauce
1 Tbsp freshly chopped chives, for garnish
1. Pre-heat your BBQ or indoor grill to medium high heat.
2. Combine all ingredients for the Meatball Filling and form into 1- ½ inch meat balls or divide into 8 x 1-oz. balls.
3. Skewer 4 pieces of the lamb meat balls onto two pre-soaked wooden skewers. Grill to desired doneness, approximately 6 minutes.Sandwich
1. Brush the pizza dough rounds with the olive oil and season with salt, pepper and dry oregano. Grill the pizza dough rounds on the same grill as the Lamb meat balls and cook until golden brown- approximately 2 minutes per side.Sandwich Filling
1. Assembly: Evenly divide the Romaine lettuce and julienne peppers and place them onto the grilled pizza rounds, add one skewer of the cooked lamb meat balls per pizza round. Top the cooked meatballs with tzatziki sauce and chopped fresh chives. Fold the pizza dough in half to form a pita shape and serve while still warm.