Grilled Nectarine Salad
- prep time6 min
- total time 16 min
- serves 4
A beautiful summery salad with slivered almonds, your choice of Stilton, Gorgonzola or blue cheeses, spring greens and succulent grilled nectarines.
2 nectarines, halved and pitted
Olive oil, for drizzling
2 tsp honey
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp white wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup slivered almonds
6 oz spring mix salad greens
2 oz Stilton, Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle the nectarine halves with a little olive oil. Grill cut-side down for 2 to 3 minutes, turning midway to achieve lovely grill marks. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the honey, Dijon and vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Add some salt and pepper and mix.
4. Toast the slivered almonds in a small skillet over medium-low heat until just turning golden brown.
5. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with enough of the dressing to lightly coat. (You won't use all of the dressing; save to have on another salad tomorrow!) Toss in the warm toasted almonds.
6. Divide the salad among 4 plates. Place a nectarine half on each serving. Drizzle the nectarines with a little more dressing. With a fork, cut the blue cheese into chunks and distribute among the plates.