Grilled Octopus Greek Style
- prep time1 min
- total time 65 min
- serves 6
No need to fear octopus, all you have to do is let it simmer and then toss it on the grill!
1 small octopus, cleaned, (about 3 pounds)
6 cup water
2 cup white wine
2 cup red wine
1 large onion, roughly, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 leek, washed, and, sliced
2 celery, stalks, chopped
2 bay leaf
½ bunch fresh parsley, stems, whole
1 Tbsp peppercornsMarinade
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 lemon, juice of
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp dried oregano, preferably, Greek
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
freshly cracked black pepper
salt, to taste
1. In a large pot, combine all octopus ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until octopus is tender.
3. Remove octopus from liquid and cut to separate tentacles.
4. Add octopus pieces to the large bowl with the marinade.
5. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
6. Preheat grill to high.
7. Grill octopus for 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Turn to brown evenly.Marinade
1. In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients.
2. See octopus for further instructions.