Grilled Octopus Greek Style
- prep time 0 min
- total time 65 min
- serves 6
1 small octopus, cleaned, (about 3 pounds)
6 cups water
2 cups white wine
2 cups red wine
1 large onion, roughly, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 leek, washed, and, sliced
2 celery, stalks, chopped
2 bay leaf
½ bunch fresh parsley, stems, whole
1 tablespoon peppercornsMarinade
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 lemon, juice of
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano, preferably, Greek
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
freshly cracked black pepper
salt, to taste
1. In a large pot, combine all octopus ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until octopus is tender.
3. Remove octopus from liquid and cut to separate tentacles.
4. Add octopus pieces to the large bowl with the marinade.
5. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
6. Preheat grill to high.
7. Grill octopus for 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Turn to brown evenly.Marinade
1. In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients.
2. See octopus for further instructions.