Grilled Peach Shortcakes with Sweet Ricotta Cream, Truffle Honey and Huckleberries
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
1 cup well-shaken buttermilkSauce and Topping
4 large peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced
4 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon white truffle oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup chilled whipping cream
4 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup ricotta
1 pint fresh huckleberries or raspberries
1. Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Blend in butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk and stir just until a soft, sticky dough forms.
3. Drop dough in 6 mounds about 2 inches apart on an ungreased large baking sheet and bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
4. Transfer biscuits to a rack and cool to warm, about 10 minutes.Sauce and Topping
1. Grill peaches over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes per side until lightly grilled. Place the honey, truffle oil and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and add grilled peaches. Toss together to coat well. Let stand until juices form, about 30 minutes.
2. Beat cream, vanilla, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in the ricotta and reserve.
3. Using serrated knife cut the shortcakes in half horizontally. Place the cake bottom on each of 6 plates. Top each with the sweet ricotta cream, grilled peaches. Cover with cake tops. Garnish the plates with huckleberries and any reserved truffled peach juices.