cup lukewarm water
pkg active dry yeast
cup all purpose flour
cup corn flour
Tbsp olive oil
Extra flour for kneading
Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
A few nicoise black olives, pitted and cut in half
roasted pepper, cut into strips
red onion, sliced
heads garlic, roasted and squeezed out of skin
leaves arugula, washed and torn
oz buffalo mozzarella, sliced thinly
1. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and water. Whisk in yeast.
2. Let stand until slightly foamy for about 5 minutes.
3. In a food processor fitted with a dough blade, combine the all-purpose flour, corn flour and salt.
4. Add yeast mixture and pulse several times.
5. Add olive oil and pulse again.
6. Dough will be very sticky at this point.
7. Turn dough onto a well-floured surface and knead by hand until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
8. The dough should be soft but not sticky.
9. If dough is still too sticky, add a little more flour.
10. Place the dough in a lightly oiled, medium bowl and cover.
11. Let rest in a warm spot until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
12. Punch down dough, cover and let rest again for about 30 minutes.
13. Divide dough into two equal balls.
14. Cover and let rest again for about 10 minutes.
15. Preheat grill on high.
16. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
17. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a circle about 1/8-inch (3 mm) thick.
18. For a successful grilled pizza the dough must be thin but not have any holes. (If you do tear a hole in the dough, simply press it back together.)
19. Using both your hands, gently lift the dough onto the oiled baking sheet.
20. Carry dough circles out to the grill and carefully lift the dough and stretch onto the hot grill.
21. Grill for about 3 minutes, or until dough begins to bubble.
22. Using tongs or a spatula, flip dough over and grill for another 2 minutes, just to set the dough on the bottom.
1. Turn off one side of the grill and move crust over the unlit burner.
2. Brush top of crust with olive oil.
3. Arrange toppings over the crust, ending with cheese.
4. Close lid and let heat circulate to melt cheese and finish cooking bottom.
5. If cheese melts before the bottom is lightly charred and crispy, move the pizza over the lit burner and grill briefly until done.