1. Buy as fresh corn as you can. Corn rapidly loses its flavour after picking.
2. Peel the husks back but leave attached at the base on the ear. Remove as much silk as possible. Soak the corn in lightly salted water for about an hour.
3. Rub the corn with butter. I often use a butter, olive oil, garlic mix or use store bought garlic butter.
4. Sprinkle on the spices as you desire.
5. Wrap each ear with a strip of bacon.
6. Refold up the husks and tie with a piece of husk or string.
7. Grill over direct heat, turning often, until the desired tenderness is obtaind and the bacon is done. This corn should come out moist and tender. Often my guests don’t bother adding additional butter to the corn.
8. Optional, you can add some jalapeno juliennes, onion juliennes, or red pepper strips to the corn before tying the husks for some additional flavour.
9. Always use butter not margarine.