Grilled Swordfish Skewers with Caribbean Salsa
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
2 lb. swordfish cut into 1 inch cubes
1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil or any neutral flavored oil
Sea salt to taste
Good turn of fresh pepper
10 bamboo skewers soaked in cool water for 30 minutes
Oil for brushing
Tin foilCarribean Salsa
2 mangos peeled pitted and cut into ¼ inch dice
½ pineapple peeled and cored cut into 1/4 inch dice
3 Tbsp red onion, small dice
2 green onions thinly sliced
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves roughly chopped
½ Thai red chili finely chopped
Juice of 2 limes
Juice and zest of 1 orange
1 pinch Salt and pepper
1. Prepare barbeque for direct medium to high heat grilling (375°F-425°F) (190°C-218°C). Oil grill to prevent sticking.
2. Skewer the cubed fish onto the soaked bamboo sticks (approximately 2-3 pieces of fish per stick).
3. Lightly brush the fish with oil. Season with sea salt and fresh pepper. Place the skewers directly on the grill.
4. Slide a small sheet of foil under the exposed skewers to prevent the sticks from burning.
5. Grill fish for 1-2 minutes or until nice char marks are achieved. Flip and continue to cook until all (4) sides are golden brown.
6. Remove fish skewers from the grill and serve warm with the Caribbean salsa.Carribean Salsa
1. To prepare the salsa, combine all the salsa ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix until evenly distributed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site