Grilled Turkey, Brie and Pecan Salad
- serves 6
This is a hearty salad and can be served as a meal - just serve with a good slice of crusty bread.
Small turkey breast, boneless, skin removed (about 2-pounds/908 g)
2 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (30 ml)
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (5 ml)
3 Tbsp olive oil (45 ml)
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to tasteAssembly
1 small shallot, finely chopped
⅓ cup of cider vinegar (75 ml)
½ tsp Dijon mustard (2 ml)
½ tsp honey (2 ml)
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
¼ cup grape seed oil (60 ml)
¼ cup olive oil (60 ml)
2.5-ounces Brie (70 g)
½ cup pecans (125 ml)
handful of radicchio leaves, torn or shredded
1 head romaine lettuce
handful red leaf, torn
handful of grape tomatoes
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Pound the turkey breast to ¾-inch thickness.
3. In a shallow baking pan or bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, olive oil and red pepper flakes. Add turkey and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes so flavours meld. Season turkey with salt and pepper.
4. Grill turkey over high to medium high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until turkey is just cooked through. Let cool to room temperature. Slice turkey on the diagonal and reserve for salad.Assembly
1. Make the salad dressing by whisking together the shallots, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper and grapeseed oil and olive oil in a small bowl.
2. In a large serving bowl, add the sliced turkey, pecans, Brie, radicchio, romaine, red leaf and grape tomatoes. Toss salad with enough dressing to taste. Serve immediately. Makes 6 to 8 servings, depending on if served as a meal or appetizer.