Directions for: Grilled Veal Chops with Gnocchi
lb. medium Yukon Gold potato (908 g)
cup all purpose flour (310 ml)
2 egg, lightly, beaten
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Grilled Veal Chops
4 veal chops (about 8 to 10-ounces, ¾-inch thick)
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 to 2 tbsp. olive oil (30 ml)
Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon (15 ml)
Tbsp butter (30 ml)
clove garlic, chopped
cup fresh chopped parsley (75 ml)
cup grated Kasseri cheese (60 ml)
Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Boil potatoes until fork tender, about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from water and cool slightly. While still warm, peel potatoes and mash with potato ricer or masher. Make a well in centre of potato mixture and sprinkle with flour and add beaten eggs. Using a fork gradually incorporate potato mixture into middle until well blended. Season the gnocchi mixture with salt and pepper.
2. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and knead gently several times to develop a uniform ball. Working with a little dough at a time, roll strands gently with hands about 1-inch thick. Using a sharp knife or pastry cutter, slice the strands into ½-inch rectangles that should look like pillows. Lay the gnocchi on a well-floured baking sheet and freeze immediately, or cook right away.
3. To cook gnocchi: add to a large pot of boiling salted water and boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until dumplings just hold their texture.
Grilled Veal Chops
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Brush veal chops with some of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped tarragon.
3. Add veal to grill, lower heat to medium. Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium or cook to your preference of doneness.
1. Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute until garlic is just golden. Remove from heat and add parsley. Add the cooked gnocchi and sprinkle with grated cheese. Season the gnocchi with pepper. (The cheese will add extra seasoning, so you shouldn’t have to add extra salt.) Serve with the veal chops.
Beef, BBQ, Italian, Barbecue, Eggs/Dairy, Potatoes, Herbs, Grill, Dinner, Cheese, Main