Guerilla Ice Cream Sandwiches
- serves 0
This made-from-scratch ice cream sandwich recipe is filled with flavours of banana, chocolate and pecans for a satisfying dessert.
4 frozen bananas, peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces
½ cup mascarpone cheese
½ cup confectioners sugar
1 vanilla bean, halved, seeds removed
1/2 Meyer Lemon, juicedFor Double Chocolate Cookies
2 cup all purpose flour
½ cup good quality cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup pecan nuts, roughly chopped
1. Freeze banana pieces overnight in re-sealable plastic bags.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds then whip till smooth (about 20 - 30 seconds).
3. Fill 3 inch ring molds and lay onto a parchment- lined baking sheets.
4. Freeze 1 hour or longer, if needed.
5. Pop out of molds and place sandwiched between double chocolate cookies.For Double Chocolate Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together dry ingredients into a large bowl.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer or food processor, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and beat till combined. Add this mixture to the bowl of dry ingredient and stir to combine. Add chips and nuts. Combine.
5. Drop by ice cream scoopfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes until just cooked but still soft. Set onto a wire rack to cool.
7. Using the same mold as the ice cream, cut cookies into ‘sandwiches’. Assemble with ice cream and serve.