Halibut Casserole with Morels
- prep time1 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4
Thisk and flakey halibut in a broth of morel mushrooms, spring onions and green beans.
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped Thai chili
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cup morel mushrooms, cleaned
3 cup mushroom consommé or mushroom stock
1 cup pearl onions, blanched and peeled
2 cup green beans, trimmed, blanched and cut into 2 inch piecesHalibut
4 3 oz pieces halibut
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large fry pan over medium high heat, add olive oil, chili and garlic.
2. Saute for 1 minute and add morels.
3. Season mushrooms with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Saute until mushrooms are fully cooked.
5. Add pearl onions, green beans and consommé. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
6. Divide mixture into individual casserole dishes and set aside.Halibut
1. Season each side of halibut with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan over high heat.
3. Add fish and sear until golden brown.
4. Turn fish over and sear on the other side.
5. Transfer fish to casserole dishes.
6. Return casserole dishes to heat, cover with lid and finish cooking until halibut is firm to touch.