Ham and Root Vegetable Quiche
- prep time15 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 3 - 4
Courtesy of Cavendish Farms.
½ cup Cavendish Farms Hashbrown Potatoes
2 Tbsp parsnips, finely diced
2 Tbsp squash, finely diced
2 Tbsp turnip, finely diced
3 Tbsp carrots, finely diced
¼ cup ham, finely diced
2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 pie crust, made or bought
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbsp butter
1 pinch each salt and pepper
1. Preheat a large non-stick frying pan on the stove top over medium-high heat.
2. Add butter, Cavendish Farms Hashbrown Potatoes, ham and all remaining vegetables.
3. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently. Remove and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
4. Once cooled, place mixture into a mixing bowl and add eggs, thyme and garlic. Season with salt and pepper then mix well.
5. Firmly line quiche dish with crust.
6. Place mixture into pie crust lined quiche dish.
7. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of mixture.
8. Place in pre-heated oven (set at 350˚F) for 30 minutes or until mixture has set (or follow provided crust instructions).
9. Remove and serve.