Ham, Apricots and Camembert on Toast
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 24
¼ cup (50 ml) water
3 tablespoons orange juice
12 dried apricots
½ teaspoon (2 ml) ground nutmeg
4 slices crusty whole grain or whole wheat bread, toasted
8 thin slices of cooked ham, about 5 oz (150 g)
1/3 lb (150 g) Canadian Camembert, sliced
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 475° (250°C).
2. In a saucepan, bring water and orange juice to a boil. Add apricots and nutmeg. Simmer, letting apricots rehydrate for about 5 minutes. Once apricots have swollen up, continue simmering to reduce extra liquid.
3. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange toast on cookie sheet.
4. Place a slice of ham on each slice of toast, top with apricots and cover with cheese. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
5. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
6. Serve with fresh fruit or a green salad.