Ham with Clove & Maple Syrup Glaze
- prep time 20 min
- total time 170 min
- serves 4
A juicy ham roasted with cloves and slathered in a mouth-watering maple syrup glaze.
1 bone-in smoked ham, about 6-8 lbs (3-4 kg)
¼ cup cloves, for studdingMaple Syrup Glaze
½ cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar
½ cup (125 mL) apple cider
½ cup (125 mL) unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp (30 mL) brown or Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp (30 mL) ginger, grated
2 Tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius).
2. Place ham, fat side up, on rack in a foil-lined roasting pan; score fat and stud with cloves. Roast for about 18 minutes per pound (1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 25 minutes), until internal temperature in thickest part of ham registers 275 degrees Fahrenheit (140 degrees Celsius).Maple Syrup Glaze
1. Combine glaze ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. About 20 minutes before the ham is done, spoon about half of the glaze over top of ham, then about 10 minutes later, spread remaining glaze over ham.
3. Rest for 20 minutes before slicing.