- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
3 egg whites
2 teaspoons cold water
3 cups almonds, skin on
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
3 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
2 tablespoons finely chopped sage
1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper
pinch cayenne pepper, optional
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Beat the egg whites with the water in a large bowl until frothy.
4. Toss the almonds with the egg white mixture in a bowl.
5. Sprinkle with the herbs, salt and pepper and spread out on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, tossing occasionally, until almonds crisp and just starting to brown.
7. Cool and serve.