- serves 0
Fresh herbs give the almonds a wonderful fresh herbal flavour and the egg whites create a delicious crispy coating. Yield is 3 cups.
3 egg whites
2 tsp cold water
3 cup almonds, skin on
2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
3 Tbsp finely chopped thyme
2 Tbsp finely chopped sage
1 Tbsp finely chopped basil
coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper
pinch cayenne pepper, optional
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Beat the egg whites with the water in a large bowl until frothy.
4. Toss the almonds with the egg white mixture in a bowl.
5. Sprinkle with the herbs, salt and pepper and spread out on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, tossing occasionally, until almonds crisp and just starting to brown.
7. Cool and serve.