Herbed Pork Tenderloin with Wild Blueberry Sauce
- prep time1 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 3
Serve this thick and moist pork tenderloin and your next holiday feast.
½ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 12 oz pork, tenderloin
1 tsp vegetable oilWild Blueberry Sauce
¾ cup dry red wine
1 cup fresh or frozen wild blueberries
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp grated lemon, rind
1 ½ tsp cornstarch
½ apple, cored, and, chopped
1. Rub thyme, salt and pepper over pork.
2. In large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork all over for about 4 minutes.
3. Transfer to 350 F (180 C) oven; roast for about 30 minutes or until just a hint of pink remains and meat thermometer registers 160 F (70 C).
4. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.Wild Blueberry Sauce
1. Meanwhile, drain any fat from skillet.
2. Pour in wine; bring to boil over high heat, stirring to scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan.
3. Boil over medium-high heat until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir in blueberries, sugar and lemon rind; return to boil.
5. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons (25 mL) cold water; stir into sauce and simmer just until clear.
6. Stir in apple.
7. Pool on 3 warmed dinner plates.
8. Top with slices of pork.