Homemade Bloody Marys
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
2 pounds ripe tomatoes, washed, cored and roughly cubed (900 g)
1 cup tomato puree (250 ml)
1 large shallot, peeled and roughly cut
2 stalks of celery, roughly cut
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (15 ml)
2 tablespoons finely grated fresh horseradish (30 ml)
1 teaspoon sugar (5 ml)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire (5 ml)
½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce (2 ml)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup vodka (250 ml)
1. Place a serving pitcher and glasses in the freezer to chill 1 hour before preparing the Bloody Marys.
2. Combine tomatoes, tomato puree, shallot, celery, lime juice, horseradish, sugar, Worchestershire and Tabasco in a blender or food processor and process to a smooth puree.
3. Taste for seasoning and adjust according to taste.
4. Add the vodka and pulse the mixture to combine.
5. Pour into the chilled pitcher and serve.