Homemade Bloody Marys
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
2 lb. ripe tomatoes, washed, cored and roughly cubed (900 g)
1 cup tomato puree (250 ml)
1 large shallot, peeled and roughly cut
2 stalks of celery, roughly cut
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice (15 ml)
2 Tbsp finely grated fresh horseradish (30 ml)
1 tsp sugar (5 ml)
1 tsp Worcestershire (5 ml)
½ tsp Tabasco sauce (2 ml)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup vodka (250 ml)
1. Place a serving pitcher and glasses in the freezer to chill 1 hour before preparing the Bloody Marys.
2. Combine tomatoes, tomato puree, shallot, celery, lime juice, horseradish, sugar, Worchestershire and Tabasco in a blender or food processor and process to a smooth puree.
3. Taste for seasoning and adjust according to taste.
4. Add the vodka and pulse the mixture to combine.
5. Pour into the chilled pitcher and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site