Homemade Brown Sugar Ice Cream
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
4 cup milk
2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
12 egg yolks
2 cup brown sugar
1. Pour milk, cream and vanilla into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
2. Whisk egg yolks with brown sugar, until mixture is thick and pale.
3. Slowly add the hot milk mixture to the eggs, one ladle-full at a time, whisking continuously until all the cream has been added.
4. Pour the mixture back into the pot and cook over low heat for just a few minutes longer until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
5. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
6. Cool and then chill thoroughly.
7. It is best to make the ice cream base the day before freezing so it has a chance to thoroughly chill.
8. Pour into a commercial ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions for freezing.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site