Homemade Espresso Marshmallow
- prep time 10 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 10
6 gelatin sheets, soaked in 2/3 cup water (80ml) for 10 minutes or 4 teaspoons powder gelatin 1/2 cup brewed espresso or very strong coffee (125 ml)
1 ½ cup sugar (375 ml)
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract (15 ml)
2 Tbsp powdered sugar (30 ml)
2 Tbsp corn starch (30 ml)
1 Tbsp of canola oil (15 ml)
1. Cover a 13x9x2-inch pan (33x23x5-cm) with plastic wrap and lightly brush with the canola oil.
2. In a saucepan on medium heat, warm up the espresso with the sugar and vanilla extract. Add the gelatin sheets as well as the water it was soaking in and continue to cook for 2 minutes until the sugar and the gelatin dissolves.
3. Using a hand mixer, beat the gelatin mixture until it resembles a soft meringue, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour into the pan and let it sit at room temperature for about 1 hour.
5. Invert the pan onto a large cutting board that has been dusted with a mix of powdered sugar and cornstarch. Peel off the plastic wrap and dust the top of the marshmallow with the mix of powdered sugar and cornstarch. Cut the marshmallow into squares using a sharp knife. Dip the sliced sides of the marshmallows in more powdered sugar mix. Shake off excess sugar and store the marshmallows in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site