Homemade Pasta with Garden Vegetables and Parmesan
- serves 6
2-1/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp fine salt
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp olive oil, to toss after cooking
salt and pepperVegetables
1 lb(s) green beans
5 Tbsp olive oil
2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise, about 1/2" thick
1 red bell pepper, cut in quarters and seeded
3 bulb onions
3 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp dry white wine
2 tomatoes, diced
2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
8 basil leaves
salt and pepper
2 oz Parmesan cheese
1. For pasta, pulse flour and salt in a food processor. With the processor running, add eggs and water and pulse until dough is a rough, crumbly texture. Turn dough onto a work surface, shape into 2 discs and wrap in plastic. Let chill at least an hour before rolling. Roll pasta into thin sheets through a pasta machine, according to manufacturer’s instructions. Roll the pasta into lasagne sheets and cut into 1-inch strips (pappardelle cut). Toss pappardelle with a little flour or semolina, loosely crumble (so it dries evenly) and let dry until ready to cook. If not using within 4 hours, wrap and refrigerate pasta.
2. Cook pasta in generously salted boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil, and season lightly.Vegetables
1. For vegetables, trim and blanch beans in salted water until just tender, then drain and shock in ice water. Preheat grill to high heat and toss blanched beans, zucchini, pepper and bulb onion with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Grill vegetables until lightly charred and tender. Once cooled, cut peppers, zucchini and onions into bite size pieces.
2. In a sauté pan over medium high heat add 2 Tbsp oil, grilled vegetables and garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add wine, tomato, oregano and tear in basil leaves and toss for 1 minute. Gently toss in cooked pasta, add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and season to taste. Spoon onto a platter and top with Parmesan curls made with a vegetable peeler.
3. This dish can be served warm or at room temperature.