Homemade Peach Ice Tea
- prep time 15 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 4-6
3 cups water
2 cups sugar
6 peaches, halved and pitted
1 vanilla bean, seeds scrapedTea
4 cups water
1 tablespoon loose green tea or black tea leaves or 4 tea bagsGarnish
Split vanilla beansAssembly
1. Bring the water and sugar to a boil. Add the halved peaches and vanilla bean. Simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes.
2. Discard the vanilla bean. Pour the peaches and syrup in a blender and purée. Strain.Tea
1. Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and steep the tea leaves, as you would normally do.Garnish Assembly
1. Once tea is steeped, strain to remove the tea leaves and mix in with the peach purée. Place the peach tea in a large pitcher and chill.
2. The pulp from the fruit might have separated from the tea. Stir it before serving. Pour over ice cubes in a tall glass and garnish with vanilla beans.