Homemade Tomato Soup
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
1 cup whipping cream
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat in a large pot, until softened.
2. Add the tomatoes and chicken stock; bring to a simmer.
3. Add cream; simmer for 5-10 minutes to combine all the flavours.
4. Add ½ teaspoon of salt; if the tomatoes are very acidic, add 1 teaspoon sugar to round out the flavour.
5. Pull off the heat and allow to cool slightly; purée with and immersion blender; serve.