Honey Lime Marinated Shrimp
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 12
12 large tiger prawns (21/25 count), peeled and deveined
1 small shallot, finely diced
Juice of 2 limes
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (30ml)
1 Tbsp honey (15ml)
2 tsp Thai red chili, finely chopped (10ml)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp vegetable oil (15ml)
Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish, optional
1 Tbsp peanut oil (15ml)
1. Place the cleaned shrimp in a large non reactive bowl. In a separate bowl mix shallots, lime juice, cilantro, honey, red chili and peanut oil until evenly combined
2. Pour liquid mixture over shrimp and cover with plastic wrap. Place bowl in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour maximum.
3. Remove bowl from refrigerator and discard plastic wrap. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
4. Place a large skillet over high heat. Add vegetable oil and allow to heat for 30 seconds. The oil should be hot but not smoking.
5. Add the shrimp & the marinade to the pan. Cook shrimp for approximately 1 minute per side or until shrimp are bright pink. Flip and continue to cook until cooked through.
6. Remove shrimp from hot pan and place on a serving platter. Garnish with cilantro sprigs if desired and serve hot.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site