Honey Roasted Fruits
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
3 ripe Bartlett or Bosc pear, peeled, halved and cored
2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced in 1-inch rounds
3 plum, halved and pitted
3 apricots, halved and pitted
¾ cup cranberries, blackberries or pitted sweet cherries
1 cup buckwheat honey
1 cup white wine
2 cinnamon stick
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons fresh grated gingerTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place the fruits together in a large bowl and toss.
3. Heat honey with wine, cinnamon and ginger, to allow flavours to infuse. Pour honey mixture over fruit and toss to coat.
4. Arrange fruit in individual cups (or in a baking dish) by first placing apple slices on the bottom and then arranging a pear half on top of each apple slice. Arrange remaining fruit around pears. Pour leftover honey syrup over fruits.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until fruits (pears particularly) are tender.To Assemble
1. Serve warm (again, ice cream is delicious with this, with a biscotti on the side for dipping into the syrup).