Hot & Crunchy Chicken Cone
- prep time 30 min
- total time 55 min
- serves NULL
¼ cup slivered almonds
¼ cup sesame seeds
2 cup corn flakes
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ Tbsp red chili flakes
1 Tbsp salt
5 Tbsp clarified butter or oilMango Jalapeno Sauce
1 lb(s) mangos, diced in ¼-inch cubes (frozen is ok)
1 ½ cup granulated white sugar
3 oz white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
3 Tbsp red onion, diced
4 jalapenos, seeded and sliced
½ tsp saltMango Jalapeno Aioli
2 limes, juiced
1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
½ cup Mango Jalapeno Sauce (bought at Ethnic Stores)
1 ½ cup mayonnaise
2 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp pepperAncho Paint
½ cup ancho pepper puree (soak ancho peppers in hot water for 30 minutes, then puree in a blender)
2 lemons, juiced
6 clove garlic
2 cup mayo
2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
Salt to tasteJalapeno Slaw
1 ½ quart of cabbage, 2/3 green & 1/3 purple, chopped in a rough julienne
1 cup carrot, julienned
2 cup mango-jalapeno aioliAssemble
1. Put all the above ingredients in a food processor with an “S” blade and pulse lightly, until combined, making it coarse and not over processed.
2. Place in a flat pan large enough to hold several shrimp at once.
3. In similar sized pans/casseroles, place 2 cups flour in one and fill the other with egg wash (4 fresh eggs and 1-½ cups milk whisked together).
4. Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour, until well dusted, pat off excess flour. Pass dusted chicken through the egg wash, wetting the entire chicken tender. Place chicken in hot & crunchy mixture and cover, lightly pressing the mixture on the chicken tender with the palm of your hand. Remove and shake off excess. Set aside, on a dry sheet pan or cookie sheet until all the chicken tenders are breaded (one per order). In a large, heavy sauté pan, heat 5 tablespoons of clarified butter, peanut oil or canola oil (something that has a fairly high smoking point). Heat to about 325 degrees or until parsley sizzles when tossed in the oil. Lay the chicken in the hot pan and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. It will cook to a golden, crunchy brown if the pan is at the right temperature. The chicken should be turned only once.
5. Place on a warm cookie sheet or pan in a warm oven until you have completed this process for all the chicken.Mango Jalapeno Sauce
1. Combine mangos, sugar, vinegar, garlic & onions and simmer 15 minutes.
2. Add jalapenos and salt – stir in and simmer 3minutes.
3. Chill well before making aioli.Mango Jalapeno Aioli
1. Combine all ingredients and chill overnight or 4 hours.Ancho Paint
1. Combine the above in a blender and puree until smooth. Pass the sauce through a fine mesh strainer and refrigerate in a squeeze bottle (other medium hot chilis may be used – chipotle/cascabell/etc.)Jalapeno Slaw
1. Mix all above….the slaw should be very wet.Assemble
1. Using a paper drink cone insert a warm flour tortilla into the cone followed by the hot & crunchy chicken tender followed by the cold –wet slaw and then a healthy squirt of the ancho sauce.