- prep time 10 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 6
4 slices bacon, diced
1 cup diced onion
½ cup diced red pepper
1 cup fresh corn, off the cob
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
tsp ground cumin
tsp ground coriander
1 ½ cup cooked black beans
1 cup diced tomato
3 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander
salt and pepper
6 small tortillas
2 cup grated cheddar cheese
sour cream, for garnish
chopped fresh coriander, for garnish
1. For ranchero mix, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until crisp, remove to drain, and remove all but 1 tbsp bacon drippings.
2. Add onion and red pepper and sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn, garlic, jalapeno and spices and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add beans and tomato and cook until warmed through. Remove from heat, stir in coriander, cooked bacon and season to taste.
4. Preheat oven to 400 F.
5. Grease 6 8-ounce ovenproof dishes and line each with a tortilla. Spoon ranchero mix into each tortilla and sprinkle with grated cheddar. Break 2 eggs into each dish and season lightly.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until eggs reach desired doneness. Place each bowl on a saucer (the bowls will be hot) and top with a spoonful of sour cream and a sprinkle of coriander and serve immediately.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site