- prep time 30 min
- total time 510 min
¾ cup ice wine
3 envelopes unflavoured gelatin
¾ cup water
2 cups sugar
⅔ cup corn syrup
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
icing sugar, to taste
1. Place ice wine in a small saucepan over medium heat and reduced to 4 tsp. Set aside to cool.
2. In a stand mixer, add gelatin to a half a cup of water. Let stand for 10 minutes to soften.
3. Combine remaining water, sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil for one minute. Stir into gelatin mixture and add the salt.
4. Beat with whisk on high speed for eight minutes.
5. Add vanilla and reduced ice wine and continue beating two more minutes.
6. Transfer mixture into 9-inch square pan lined with oiled plastic wrap, using an oiled spatula to spread evenly.
7. Allow the marshmallows to set for several hours in a cool but non-refrigerated area. When firm, remove from pan, cut into squares with a lightly oiled knife and coat each square in icing sugar.
8. Optional: Using a kitchen blow torch, lightly toast the marshmallows before serving.