Indian Lamb Curry
- serves 0
2 onions, chopped
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 green chili, minced
3 Tbsp curry powder
1 boneless shoulder of lamb, fat trimmed and meat cut into 2 inch pieces
1 potato, cubed
1 turnip, chopped into 1inch pieces
3 carrots, cut into 1inch pieces
1 28 oz can of chopped tomatoes
1. Place a large pot over medium-high heat and add oil
2. When it’s hot, add onions and sauté for 3 minutes and then add garlic. Continue to sauté and then add chili. Cook until everything has softened and is beginning to caramelize.
3. Add curry powder and cook out for a few minutes to release its aroma. Add lamb and stir vigorously.
4. Add the vegetables and can of tomatoes and top up with 1 can full of water.
5. Season with salt and bring to a simmer. Cover stew with a lid and simmer for 1 hour.