Irish Coffee Pie
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
1 box of chocolate wafers
1 cup finely ground hazelnuts
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, meltedFilling
1 (3.5 oz) package instant vanilla whipped dessert mix NOT PUDDING!
2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
½ cup cold milk
⅓ cup water
3 tablespoons Irish whiskey
½ cup heavy cream
1. Use an 8" fluted tart pan with a removable bottom for this crust. Break up the wafers and crush them in a food processor until they are the consistency of coarse flour. Add the ground nuts and pulse until they are well blended.
2. Pour the melted butter into the mixture and toss until all the butter has been evenly absorbed.
3. Press the mixture into the tart pan, pressing it firmly up the sides so that it will hold its shape when you remove the tart pan.Filling
1. In a small bowl, combine mix and coffee powder. Add milk and beat at high speed for one minute.
2. Blend in water and whiskey at high speed for two minutes and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whip cream until it forms stiff peaks (about 3 minutes or so) and then fold into filling mixture.
4. Pour into cooled pie shell and chill in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
5. Top with additional whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Tips & Variations You can purchase a frozen pie shell and bake it or make your own instead of the crust above.