Jasmine Tea Pudding
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 cup whipping cream
2 cup 2% milk
2 Tbsp jasmine flower tea
1 vanilla bean
3/10 cup sugar
7/10 cup semolina flourTuiles
3 egg white
1 cup +1 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
¾ cup + 2 tbsp pastry flour, sifted
½ cup butter, meltedTo Assemble
1. Lightly oil 4 6-ounce ramekins with vegetable oil or food release spray and set aside.
2. Heat cream and milk with tea, scraped seeds and pod of vanilla. Keep just below a simmer for 10 minutes, to infuse flavours.
3. Strain tea and vanilla pod out and return milk to heat. Bring up to a simmer and whisking rapidly, pour semolina in an even stream. Whisk for another minute, then, as it thickens, switch to a wooden spoon. Continue cooking while stirring about 3-5 minutes, until mixture is thick, and semolina is tender.
4. Remove pudding from heat and pour into ramekins. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
5. Loosen the sides of the ramekin with a knife and invert pudding onto a plate.Tuiles
1. In a bowl, whisk together egg whites and icing sugar until smooth.
2. Whisk in pastry flour until smooth and then stir in melted butter. Pour batter into a container and chill for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350º F.
4. Cut a template out of a plastic lid– for a simple circle, I trace a cookie cutter and cut the plastic leaving a clear hole in the center.
5. Using a silicone-lined baking sheet, or a cookie sheet greased and dusted with flour, spread a thin amount of chilled batter within the circle filling the space completely. Repeat until tray is filled.
6. Bake for 6 or 7 minutes, rotating the pan once while baking. Tuiles can be left to cool flat, or can be curled immediately out of the oven by draping them over a rolling pin. Tuiles can be made up to a day in advance, if stored in an airtight container.To Assemble
1. Serve semolina pudding slightly off set on the plate, with tuile resting against it (or centred with curled tuile on top). Arrange your choice of fresh berries around tuile.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site