Jerk Chicken with Grilled Pineapple and Stuffed Peppers
- prep time 0 min
- total time 230 min
- serves 6
½ of a large Spanish onion, diced
1 cup of scallions, roughly chopped
1/2 - 2 whole scotch bonnet peppers (depending on how hot you like it). Stems removed rough chop. I didn't remove the seeds, but this is optional
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Jamaican all spice
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh ginger
1 Tbsp spicy pimento paste
3 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
4-6 large skin on, bone in chicken breastsStuffed Peppers
4 large red peppers
2 cup Jasmine Rice
½ tsp sea salt
5 cup chicken stock
1 can black beans
2 medium onions
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 chorizo link, removed from casing, dicced well
1 pkg pancetta (pre chopped), or dice into cubesGrilled Pineapple
1 large pineapple, skin removed and top chopped offPlating
1. Combine all ingredients except for chicken in a food processor, and pulse until combined well. Should be thick liquid. Can be made ahead of time, and refrigerated.
2. Add 4-6 large skin on, bone in chicken breasts into ziplock bag and add jerk marinade. Mix well, and place into fridge until 1/2 an hr before grilling time (marinade 24 hrs before for best results). Cook over wood charcoal, until cooked through with grill marks on both sides of chicken breasts.Stuffed Peppers
1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and white parts. Brush lightly with olive oil, and grill over coals until slightly charred, but still firm. Set aside.
2. Combine rice, sea salt, 4 cups of chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes, or until liquid absorbed. Remove from heat, and let stand for 15 minutes.
3. Combine black beans, one onion, ground black pepper and the remaining one cup of chicken stock in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 3 hrs, or high for 1.5 hrs. Check hourly to ensure beans are not overcooked or dry.
4. Add pancetta to a small skillet, and brown until caramelized. Remove from skillet and set aside.
5. Add onions to the same skillet, and brown until caramelized. Remove from skillet and set aside.
6. Add diced chorizo to skillet, and cook over high heat until browned and warmed through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
7. Combine pancetta, chorizo, fried onions, and jasmine rice in a bowl and mix well. Add black beans to the mixture and gently mix through. Stuff the grilled pepper halves with the mixture, and place in oven to heat through (300 degrees, 20 minutes or so, and just prior to plating)Grilled Pineapple
1. Cut long strips length wise, and then trim to look like long rectangular pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill over coals until cooked through, with grill marks on all sides. Set aside.Plating
1. Place two pieces of pineapple on plate, and place a chicken breast on top of the pineapple.
2. Add one pepper with stuffing to the place.
3. Sprinkle finely chopped chives, or parsley around the outside edges of the plate.
4. Serve immediately
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site