Kebab Koobideh, Rice and Mediteranean-Style Salad
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
6 skewers (6-8)
1 ½ cup basmati or white rice
3 cup water
2 large onions
2 lb. lean ground beef
1 tsp baking soda
Salt and pepperMediteranean Style Salad
½ English cucumber, rinsed and cut into chunks
3 Roma tomatoes cut into chunks
red onion, sliced
1/3 red onion, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp Italian seasoning
Feta chunks (optional)
1. Soak skewers in water if they are wooden.
2. Combine rice and water in a microwave-safe pot or casserole. Cover and microwave rice at high for 10 minutes, then medium for 10 minutes.
3. Grate onions and mix with beef.
4. Add baking soda, salt and pepper and mix.
5. Start BBQ with high temperature (400 F) turning meat to brown all sides, and then reduce heat to medium-low (300 F) to complete cooking.
6. Insert skewers into meat after initial browning. Continue to cook, turning occasionally for 10 to 15 minutes. (If meat sticks to skewers it is overcooked. Removing skewers from meat should be easy with no force).Mediteranean Style Salad
1. Place cucumbers and tomatoes into bowl. Add red onions.
2. Add olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning to bowl and toss until veggies are well coated.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site