Laughing Bird Shrimp with Black Garlic Salsa
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
2 heads of black garlic, peeled and chopped
Zest and juice of 1 lime
3 Tbsp olive oil (45 ml)
Salt and pepperLaughing Bird Shrimp
1 lb(s) laughing bird shrimp
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepperAvocados
2 avocados, sliced
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepperGarnish
1. Using a food processor, mix all the ingredients together until you get a coarse mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Keep in the refrigerator.Laughing Bird Shrimp
1. Heat a pan on high heat and sauté the shrimp in olive oil for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.Avocados
1. Slice the avocados and squeeze lime juice on them to prevent from browning.Garnish
1. In a small bowl, mix olive oil with the trout caviar.
2. For serving: Divide the avocado on 4 plates. Top with a generous serving black garlic salsa. Add the shrimp and garnish with the trout caviar.
3. Cook’s note: Laughing Bird Shrimp have a sweet flavor. If you can’t find them or prefer to use any other shrimp, go for it. Also, feel free to skip the caviar – it’s not for everyone, or for every day, but it definitely is tasty!