Layered Mexican Dip with Nacho Chips and Cold Veggies
- prep time 20 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 4
1 pound / 450 g extra lean ground beef
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 teaspoons onion flakes
Pinch of cayenne (optional)
½ cup ketchup
½ cup water
2 cups grated Tex Mex cheese (for 4 servings)
1 can of Stagg Chili-Vegetable Garden (14 oz / 398 mL)
1 package 1-450 g package assorted washed and chopped veggies for dipping (from the produce dept)
Ranch dip or your favorite dressing for dipping
Tortilla chips or pita bread
Optional; salsa, sour cream and guacamole (for dipping)
1. Set oven to 375°F (190º C)
2. Brown beef at med-high in a large non-stick fry pan. Add spice and stir.
3. When meat is no longer pink add ketchup and water and stir to combine.
4. Simmer until thickened and remove from heat.
5. Layer the following, in individual oven safe bowls, in this order; 1/3 cheese, 1/2 meat mixture, all of veggie chili.
6. Layer again with remaining ingredients in this order; 1/3 cheese, meat mixture, 1/3 cheese.
7. Place in hot oven.
8. Set timer for 20 minutes.
9. Rinse veggies in a colander and serve with your favorite dip or dressing.
10. Scoop baked dip out with baked tortilla chips or pita.Enjoy! We also serve extra sides of sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Yum!!!