- serves 4
2 8 oz (250g) chicken breasts
1 cup (250 mL) lime juice
5 clove garlic, minced
tsp (10 mL) salt
tsp (10 mL) chili powder
¼ tsp (1 mL) pepperSalsa
5 oven roasted tomatoes, chopped
1 chipotle pepper, seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp (25 mL) chopped basil
tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
½ tsp (2 mL) saltFilling
4 large flour tortillas
2 2 marinated and baked chicken breasts (as per recipe above)
Salsa (as per recipe above)
½ cup (125 mL) fire roasted onions
¼ cup (50 mL) diced red peppers
¼ cup (50 mL) grilled corn kernels
¾ cup (175 mL) apple smoked cheddar cheese (or other smoked cheese)
1. Chicken: Mix together lime juice, garlic, salt, chili powder and pepper. Place marinade and chicken breasts in re-sealable bag, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Bake chicken breasts on foil lined baking sheet at 475 degrees (240 Celsius), for 20 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Cool, and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
2. Salsa: In a bowl stir together tomatoes, chipotle, garlic, basil, oil and salt.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 Celsius).
4. Assembly: Place one tortilla on a baking sheet top with half the cooked chicken, half the onions, ½ cup salsa and ¼ cup of cheese.
5. For the kid's version: Place 4 oz of chicken, ¼ cup cheese, and ¼ cup salsa on half of a tortilla. Fold in half. Grill 1-2 minutes until crisp. Flip and continue to grill until cheese has melted and tortilla is crisp. Cut into wedges.Salsa Filling