Leek and Cheese Phyllo Tart
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8
⅓ cup melted butter
10 sheets phylloFor the Filling
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 cups sliced leeks
freshly ground pepper
½ cup goat cheese
1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
3 tablespoons chopped dill
3 tablespoons chopped chives
3 eggs, beatenTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add leeks and saute for 5 minutes until softened. Season.
3. Combine goat and ricotta cheese in a bowl. Then whisk in dill, parsley, chives and eggs until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in leek mixture.
4. Brush a pie plate with butter. Brush 1 sheet of phyllo with butter and place across the pan. Butter a second sheet and overlap the first sheet by 3 inches. Continue to make a circle using about 8 to 10 sheets, buttering each sheet as you go.
5. Spoon in the filling, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold the overhang on to the filling to make a free form “crimped” edge. Butter the edge.
6. Place in the bottom shelf of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the filling is set. Serve warm or at room temperature.