Leek, Mushroom & Spinach Soup
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
3 cups thinly sliced leeks, white part only
2 cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
6 cup raw baby spinach
1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
4 cup water
1 cup 1% milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Dash of Nutmeg for flavor
Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Steam the spinach (I do it in the microwave for 2 minutes, with 1 tbsp water). Squeeze out excess water and chop.
2. In the meantime, in a medium sized pot, sauté the mushrooms and leeks in oil over medium heat until the leeks are soft – 5-8 minutes. Add the spinach and toss.
3. Add the flour or mashed cauliflower, stir and cook for a couple of minutes, don’t let the flour burn.
4. Slowly add the water to avoid lumps. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stir and reduce the heat to simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes. (I must confess I also added a dash of sherry which would probably be okay for a later phase in the SB diet).
5. Add the milk, heat for a few minutes before serving. Taste for seasoning, garnish with parsley and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site