Directions for: Leftover Holiday Turkey White Bean Chili
Tbsp vegetable oil
carrots, peeled, coarsely grated (1 1/2 cups)
onion, finely diced
cup tomato sauce
cup chicken stock
cup leftover roast turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces
can (540 mL/19 fl. oz) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
tsp chili powder
tsp dried parsley (or 2 tsp chopped fresh)
salt and pepper to taste
water to thin, as required
1. In large heavy pot, heat vegetable oil to medium heat. Cook carrot and onions to soften.
2. Stir in tomato sauce. Cook until slightly darkened and thickened (this caramelizes the tomato to sweeten it), about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken stock, scraping any bits off pan. Mix in rest of ingredients, except salt, pepper and water. Bring to simmer.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Adjust thickness of chili with a splash of water, if required.