Leftover Holiday Turkey White Bean Chili
- prep time 15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 6
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated (1 1/2 cups)
½ onion, finely diced
1 ½ cup tomato sauce
3 cup chicken stock
3 cup leftover roast turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 can (540 mL/19 fl. oz) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp dried parsley (or 2 tsp chopped fresh)
¼ tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
water to thin, as required
1. In large heavy pot, heat vegetable oil to medium heat. Cook carrot and onions to soften.
2. Stir in tomato sauce. Cook until slightly darkened and thickened (this caramelizes the tomato to sweeten it), about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken stock, scraping any bits off pan. Mix in rest of ingredients, except salt, pepper and water. Bring to simmer.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Adjust thickness of chili with a splash of water, if required.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site