Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes with Cured Salmon
- prep time 15 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
2 cup leftover chilled mashed potatoes
2 Tbsp melted butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup milk
vegetable oil for frying
1 lb. cured salmon
½ red onion, very thinly sliced rings
1 Tbsp capers
½ cup sour cream (optional)
drizzle olive oil
black pepper to garnish
1. Put chilled mashed potatoes in bowl. Stir to loosen.
2. Melt butter. Drizzle over mashed potatoes. Using rubber spatula, mash butter through potatoes. Set aside.
3. Heat vegetable oil (use an amount as you would for regular pancakes) in non-stick frypan on medium-low.
4. Drop pancake batter in dollops into pan, keeping pancakes to no bigger than 3-inches across.
5. Brown then flip to brown second side, about 1 minute per side. Add more vegetable oil to pan as required.
6. Keep pancakes warm as you make them in batches (place in 250 F oven).
7. Divide warm pancakes onto 4 appetizer plates, along with cured salmon, red onion and capers.
8. Add dollop sour cream, if using.
9. Garnish with drizzle olive oil and sprinkling black pepper.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site